All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionHistorians have become increasingly sensitive to social and cultural theory since the 1980s, yet the actual methods by which research is carried out in History have been largely taken for granted. Research Methods for History encourages those researching the past to think creatively about the wide range of methods currently in use, to understand how these methods are used and what historical insights they can provide. This updated new edition has been expanded to cover t only sources and methods that are well-established in History, such as archival research, but also those that have developed recently, such as the impact of digital history research. The themes of the different chapters have been selected to reflect new trends in the subject, including landscape studies, material culture and ethics. Every chapter presents new insights and perspectives and will open researchers' minds to the expanding possibilities of historical research.
- Author BiographyLucy Faire is an Honorary Visiting Fellow in the Centre for Urban History and Lecturer in Humanities and Arts in the Vaughan Centre for Lifelong Learning, both at the University of Leicester. She specialises in the history of home, leisure and behaviour. She is the co-author with Mark Jancovich of The Place of the Audience: Cultural Geographies of Film Consumption (2003). Simon Gunn is a Professor of Urban History in the Centre for Urban History at the University of Leicester. His publications include History and Cultural Theory (2006) and The Public Culture of the Victorian Middle Class (2000). He is joint editor of the journal, Urban History.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleResearch Methods for the Arts and Humanities
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLucy Faire,Simon Gunn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.