All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first practical guide to research methods in memory studies. The 12 chapters provide students and researchers with clear descriptions of particular methods of research for: investigating community remembering and memory in personal narratives; exploring national memory and commemoration, and cultural memory and heritage; attending to disrupted memory; examining how memory is communicated in everyday life, and how it is manifested in emergent and resurgent ethnicities; focusing on the production of social memory in the media; and analysing the dynamics of remembering in public apologies, and in testimonies offered by Holocaust survivors. It provides expert appraisals of a range of techniques and approaches in memory studies. It focuses on methods and methodology as a way to help bring unity and coherence to this new field of study.
- Author BiographyDr Emily Keightley is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Social Sciences at Loughborough University. Professor Michael Pickering teaches in the Social Sciences at Loughborough University.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleResearch Methods for the Arts and Humanities
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEmily Keightley,Michael Pickering
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.