All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to provide an introductory but t simplistic guide to research in the social and behavioural sciences. The book sets out to tackle difficult issues and concepts in a scholarly but accessible manner, providing ample guidance and signposts to further reading. We explore a wide range of questions about research and research methods, including:* What counts as 'good research? * Research approaches, paradigms, methods and methodology: what are they and what is the difference?* What is the so-called 'qualitative/ quantitative?* When and where is quantitative research indispensable?* If one suggests that research should be 'scientific what does that mean?* What methods and methodologies are used in social research?* What is the role of statistics in social and behavioural research? How should statistical evidence be interpreted?* What are the ways in which research can, and should, be disseminated and presented?This book is aimed as much at the reflective, researching professional as for the professional researcher.
- Author BiographyJerry Wellington is a professor in the School of Education at the University of Sheffield, and has authored and edited over a dozen books Marcin Szczerbinski is a lecturer in the Department of Human Communication Science at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)Dr. Marcin Szczerbinski,J. J. Wellington
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/10/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.