All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionResearch Methods in Africana Studies is a major contribution to the discipline of Africana studies and social science involving people of African descent in general. This textbook is the first of its kind, offering instruction on how to conduct culturally relevant critical research on Africana communities in the American context, in addition to the African diaspora. It contains a collection of the most widely used theories and paradigms designed for exploring, explaining, and advancing Africana communities through science. The relevance, strengths, and weaknesses of every major method of data collection are explained as they relate to the lived experiences of the Black world. It stands alone as the only textbook that details empirical methods in the service of the collective advancement of Africana peoples.
- Author BiographySerie McDougal III is an associate professor at San Francisco State University in the Department of Africana Studies and co-founder of Afrometrics. McDougal currently teaches courses in research methods, introduction to Africana studies, and Black cultures and personalities.
- Author(s)Serie McDougal III
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBlack Studies and Critical Thinking
- Series Part/Volume Number64
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight630 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.