All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionMethodological kw-how has become one of the key qualifications in contemporary linguistics, which has a strong empirical focus. Containing 23 chapters, each devoted to a different research method, this volume brings together the expertise and insight of a range of established practitioners. The chapters are arranged in three parts, devoted to three different stages of empirical research: data collection, analysis and evaluation. In addition to detailed step-by-step introductions and illustrative case studies focusing on variation and change in English, each chapter addresses the strengths and weaknesses of the methodology and concludes with suggestions for further reading. This systematic, state-of-the-art survey is ideal for both vice researchers and professionals interested in extending their methodological repertoires. The book also has a companion website which provides readers with further information, links, resources, demonstrations, exercises and case studies related to each chapter.
- Author BiographyManfred Krug is Chair of English and Historical Linguistics in the Department of English and American Studies at the University of Bamberg. Julia Schluter is Associate Professor of English and Historical Linguistics in the Department of English and American Studies at the University of Bamberg.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note101 b/w illus. 7 maps 69 tables
- Weight1210 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJulia Schluter,Manfred G. Krug
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.