All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth introduction to all research methods in linguistics, this is the ideal textbook for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Research Methods are important skills for students of linguistics to learn prior to undertaking research projects at either undergraduate or postgraduate level. Students need to learn how to develop research methods appropriate for their chosen study, and how to record, transcribe, code and analyse the data collected. This comprehensive introduction to research methods in linguistics guides the student through these areas, offering advice at a theoretical and practical level. The book covers formal, computational, quantitative and qualitative research methods in detail, and each chapter is written by an academic rewned in the field. Topics covered include: using corpora, questionnaire design, computer-assisted content analysis, interview methods, observation, fieldwork in linguistics, and statistic analysis. Providing an in-depth introduction to all research methods in linguistics, this is the ideal textbook for undergraduate and postgraduate students encountering linguistic data for the first time. Research Methods in Linguistics is a new series from Continuum providing a series of introductions to the quantitative and qualitative research methods needed by undergraduate and postgraduate students. The centre of the series is Research Methods in Linguistics edited by Lia Litosseliti, which provides a comprehensive overview of all the research methods needed by linguistics students. Each book in the series takes one of the research methods described in the general introduction and expands upon this in a book length study.
- Author BiographyDr Lia Litosseliti is Senior Lecturer in Linguistics at City University, London, UK.
- Author(s)Lia Litosseliti
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- Series TitleResearch Methods in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.