Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $256.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe first and only step-by-step guide to selecting the best R&D projects In today's fiercely competitive global ecomy, so much depends on making the correct R&D project choice. The first and only guide offering comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art selection techniques w being used by decision-makers in industry, government, and academe, R&D Project Selection is an indispensable working resource for research and development managers, department heads, administrators, policymakers, consulting engineers, and all those involved in the project selection and management process. Applicable to all fields of technical, engineering, and scientific research it: * Provides an in-depth analysis of the nine major selection methods-including cluster analysis, cognitive modeling, simulation, portfolio optimization, and decision theory * Explores the strengths and weaknesses of each and shows how they relate to one ather * Features extensive coverage of the data requirements for each method * Supplies R&D managers with clear guidelines on how to effectively tailor the various selection methods to meet the demands of their organizations' unique situations and goals * Offers scientists and engineers a wealth of proposal-writing tips that can dramatically increase their chances of getting funding for their projects The first and only professional guide devoted exclusively to the subject, R&D Project Selection describes the most successful project selection methods w in use in government, industry, and academe. Based on its author's extensive professional experience as well as his exhaustive review of the past 30 years of R&D management literature, it provides an in-depth analysis of nine major selection methods-including cluster analysis, cognitive modeling, simulation, portfolio optimization, decision theory, and others. It explores the strengths and weaknesses of each, shows how they relate to one ather, and provides extensive coverage (six chapters) of the data requirements for each. Just as importantly, this unique guide provides R&D managers with clear guidelines on how to effectively tai-lor the various selection methods discussed to meet the demands of their organizations' unique situations and goals. Applicable to all fields of technical, engineering, and scientific research, R&D Project Selection is an indispensable working resource for R&D managers working in industry, academe, and government. It arms them with clear, step-by-step guidelines on how to effectively select projects so as t to fall short on work already in progress or to overcommit and exceed available resources. At the same time, it supplies scientists and engineers with a wealth of information on how best to tailor their project proposals to increase the likelihood of funding.
- Author BiographyJOSEPH P. MARTINO, PhD, is Senior Research Scientist at the University of Dayton. He is a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and an associate fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. In 1984, Dr. Martino was awarded the Centennial Medal from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Author(s)Joseph P. Martino
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/1995
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Engineering and Technology Management
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight586 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.