All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducational researchers take a number of decisions that define the credibility and scope of their enquiry - the approaches they adopt, the strategies they employ, the methods they use and the ways they present their findings. This core text provides an easy-to-read, comprehensive introduction to educational research that will develop your understanding of research strategies, theories and methods. Specifically written for undergraduate education studies students, the book guides you through the process of planning a research project, the different research methods available and how to carry out your research and write it up successfully. Highlighting the theoretical and methodological debates and discussing important ethical and practical considerations, the book is structured to help you tackle all the different aspects of your project from writing your literature review, designing a questionnaire and analysing your data to the final writing up. The book will give you the confidence and enthusiasm to discuss and write about your research effectively. Features include: * extension tasks -- to introduce new material and encourage you to think critically * case studies -- with information on important studies and examples of research that have utilised specific approaches * practical advice and tips -- to help you relate the topics discussed to your own on-going project work * antated further reading lists -- providing you with an opportunity to access more detailed and specific resources. Part of the Foundations of Education Studies series, this timely textbook is essential reading for students undertaking a research methods course or a piece of educational research.
- Author BiographyWill Curtis is Director of part time and 2+2 programmes in the Centre for Lifelong Learning at the University of Warwick, UK. Mark Murphy is Reader in Education and Public Policy at the University of Glasgow, UK. Sam Shields is Lecturer in Education at the University of Hull, UK.
- Author(s)Mark Murphy,Sam McGinty,Sam Shields,Will Curtis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFoundations of Education Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.