Research on PISA: Research Outcomes of the Pisa Research Conference 2009 by Springer (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $246.13+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $117.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) is an important part of the OECD's Indicator Programme. It collects data and provides comparative indicators of education systems in OECD member and partner countries. PISA provides datasets of outstanding quality regarding samples, instruments and analyses. In addition to its important function for educational monitoring, the PISA datasets are the basis of a wide range of secondary analyses from a number of different scientific perspectives and disciplines. The aim of this book is to make some of the outstanding PISA related research results available for a wider audience. Specifically four research areas will be focused: (1) Content related research; (2) Methodological research; (3) Context related research; (4) Research on trends in PISA. Each part of the book is devoted to one of these areas and will start with an introduction from a leading expert in the field followed by chapters covering research conducted in this field.
- Author BiographyManfred Prenzel is Professor of Empirical Educational Research (Susanne Klatten Endowed Chair) and Dean of the TUM School of Education (Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany). He has been a member of the OECD Science Expert Group since the first PISA survey in 2000. As the national project manager for PISA 2003, 2006 and 2012, he supplemented the international surveys in Germany with additional samples and assessments that provided data on the broader range of conditions of teaching and learning on the school and classroom level. Manfred Prenzel is also Director of the German Center for International Large Scale Assessment (ZIB) at TU Muenchen. Mareike Kobarg is a research fellow at the Leibniz-Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN, Kiel, Germany). Her research focuses on science teaching and learning mainly using video based methods. She has currently published further analysis concerning the international Comparison of Science Teaching and Learning in the OECD countries. Katrin Schops is a researcher at the Leibniz-Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN, Kiel, Germany). She holds a PhD in Ecology and an MSc in Biology. Her research focuses on the development and assessment of science competencies across the life span with an emphasis on large scale assessments. Silke Ronnebeck has a Ph.D. in natural sciences and works as a research fellow at the Leibniz-Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN, Kiel, Germany). She was part of the national coordination team of PISA 2006 in Germany. Her research focuses on the development and assessment of science competencies and the improvement of pre-service and in-service science teacher education based on methods of IBST.
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKatrin Schops,Manfred Prenzel,Mareike Kobarg,Silke Ronnebeck
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.