All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to research and research methods in crime and justice and related areas, including police, prisons and criminal justice policy making. It is less of a dry 'how to' book, but is concerned rather to provide a wide-ranging source book that illustrates the kind of research that has been done in particular areas, the findings of previous studies and the range of possible research methods and approaches - both qualitative and quantitative. It highlights clearly the social problems and opportunities presented by studies in crimilogy and criminal justice. Each chapter contains a section on the (often igred) relationship between the topic of study, desired outcomes and suitable methods, with a wide range of illustrative case studies. Here the approach is practical - pointing out the pitfalls of research, such as the inadvisability of some methods, the dangers of some topics/methods. The book also reflects on the philosophies of research and includes discussions about the way the choice of methods will be reflected in the findings and vice versa. This book will be essential reading for crimilogy students and other researchers on crime and justice.
- Author BiographyLouise Westmarland is Senior Lecturer in Criminology at the Open University. She has written widely on police and policing, specifically on various aspects of police culture such as in her book Gender and Policing: Sex, Power and Police Culture (Willan 2001) -- and on violence and police culture, ethics and integrity. Most recently she has co-authored Creating Citizen-Consumers: Changing Publics and Changing Public Services (Sage 2007).
- Author(s)Louise Westmarland
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight456 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.