All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, one of the most highly recognized entrepreneurship scholars shares in a personal and readable way his rich experience and ideas on how entrepreneurship can be researched. Entrepreneurship is a phemen of tremendous societal importance. It is also an elusive phemen, which makes researching it fun, fascinating-and frustrating at times. In this fully updated edition, numerous real examples accompany the treatment of problems and solutions concerning design, sampling, operationalization and analysis. Researching Entrepreneurship is targeted primarily at research students and academics who are relatively new to research or to entrepreneurship research. This said, basic kwledge of research methods is assumed, and when foundational issues are discussed they are typically approach from a n-standard angle and/or with an eye to illuminate entrepreneurship-specific problems and solutions. This makes large parts of the contents potentially valuable for entrepreneurship scholars at any level of research proficiency. The book is also of interest to sophisticated, n-academic users with a professional interest in collecting and analyzing data from emerging and young ventures, and to those who make use of published entrepreneurship research. For example, analysts in marketing research or consultancy firms, business associations, statistical agencies and other government offices may find this book to be a valuable tool. Moreover, while the examples are derived from entrepreneurship research, the book provides a unique experienced empirical researcher (rather than textbook method expert ) treatment of issues that are of equal relevance across the social sciences. This goes for topics like the role of theory; research design; validity assessment; statistical inference, and replication. Entrepreneurship research has developed rapidly in the decade that has passed since the first edition. Therefore, all chapters have been comprehensively updated and many have been extended; sometimes to twice the original length. Two of the original chapters have been excluded to make room for entirely new chapters on the Dependent Variable and The Entrepreneurship Nexus. While retaining a unique, personal tone, the author uses examples and references that build on contributions from a large number of top entrepreneurship researchers.
- Author BiographyProfessor Per Davidsson is Director and Talbot Family Foundation Chair in Entrepreneurship at the Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACE) in the QUT Business School (Management). He holds a second affiliation as Professor of Entrepreneurship at the Jonkoping International Business School, Sweden. Per is especially known for his extensive research on start-up and growth of small firms as well as societal well-being and job creation effects of those activities. Apart from many books, book chapters and research reports, he has published over 60 peer reviewed articles in scholarly journals, and he is one of the most cited scholars in entrepreneurship worldwide. In 2010/11, Per served as elected Chair of the leading professional organization in his field, the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management. He is Field Editor of the leading scholarly publication, the Journal of Business Venturing and serves on the editorial boards for several other journals. He has led several major research programs based on longitudinal survey studies; large-scale archival data compilation and analysis, and experimental research approaches.
- Author(s)Per Davidsson
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Entrepreneurship
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight637 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.