Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionInternational migration and workers' remittances have, of late, become a significant ecomic and social phemena affecting the fortunes of millions of families in the developing countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. Yet, the measurements and methods of analysis of their impact on the individuals, families, ecomy, and society have t received the attention they deserve. A first-of-its-kind study of international migration, based on large-scale surveys across a span of 15 years of fieldwork, this book: * includes methods of conducting field surveys, estimating migration, and analysing migration trends, remittances, selectivity, and differentials; * assesses other demographic, socio-ecomic phemen, such as education, employment and women's status; * provides a methodology to evaluate remittances and their influence on the ecomy; and * examines social costs of migration on those left behind - parents, wives and children - a neglected area in the field of migration. This handbook will be invaluable to scholars and students of migration studies, demography, development studies and sociology as well as policy-makers, administrators, academics, and n-governmental organisations in the field.
- Author BiographyK. C. Zachariah is Honorary Professor, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India. S. Irudaya Rajan is Chair Professor, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) Research Unit on International Migration, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Author(s)K. C. Zachariah,S. Irudaya Rajan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.