Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Stoneman and Nigel Gilbert breathe new energy into this classic bestselling textbook providing clear, relevant advice and extensive coverage of all the research methods you need to understand today's society. Packed full of examples from across the social sciences, Researching Social Life sets out all of the challenges and opportunities of interpreting and conducting research with qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods. The book follows the chrology of a typical research project, from initial conception through to the collection, management and analysis of data; it also includes material on how best to write up and disseminate your research. This pragmatic approach mirrors the reality of conducting research and allows the handpicked, internationally rewned contributors to embed real case studies from their own research in each chapter. The student-oriented pedagogy is carefully woven throughout the book and further supported by a cutting-edge website. Key tools include: * In-depth worked examples * Case studies * Discussion questions * Checklists * Antated further reading * Practical top tips for doing research. With unparalleled breadth and depth this trusted and respected textbook is an essential guide for anyone engaging with social research.
- Author BiographyNigel Gilbert read for a first degree in Engineering, intending to go into the computer industry. However, he was lured into sociology and obtained his doctorate on the sociology of scientific knowledge from the University of Cambridge, under the supervision of Michael Mulkay. His research and teaching interests have reflected his continuing interest in both sociology and computer science (and engineering more widely). His main research interests are processual theories of social phenomena, the development of computational sociology and the methodology of computer simulation, especially agent-based modelling. He is Director of the Centre for Research in Social Simulation. He is also Director of the University's Institute of Advanced Studies and responsible for its development as a leading centre for intellectual interchange. He is the author or editor of several textbooks on sociological methods of research and statistics and editor of the Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation. Paul Stoneman is Lecturer in Sociology, University of Surrey.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byNigel Gilbert,Paul Stoneman
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.