All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection of contemporary research provides up-to-date perspectives from leading investigators who are at the cutting edge of studies in autism spectrum disorders. The book allows readers to grasp new approaches to understanding the autism spectrum. Key areas of theory and research are covered, from classification and diagsis, genetics, neurology and biochemistry, to socio-cognitive, developmental and educational perspectives, essential to a broader understanding of the autism spectrum. In addition it introduces new emphases on MEG, epilepsy and memory. In highlighting both biomedical and psychological perspectives, this book reflects the multi-level emphasis of contemporary thinking about autism. By addressing key unanswered questions, Researching the Autism Spectrum acts as a guidepost for future research and provides an authoritative and multidisciplinary perspective.
- Author BiographyDr Ilona Roth is Senior Lecturer in Psychology in the Department of Life Sciences at the Open University. Her textbooks and media materials have a wide audience in and beyond the OU. Her research focuses on alterations of cognitive and socio-cognitive functioning in autism spectrum disorders and dementia. Key recent publications focus on imagination and on the autism spectrum. Dr Payam Rezaie is Reader in Neuropathology in the Department of Life Sciences at the Open University. His research interests and expertise lie in clinical and experimental neuropathology and in developmental neurobiology. He is leading a programme of research into the neuropathology of autism supported by Autism Speaks and the Autism Tissue Program (USA).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 15 tables
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byIlona Roth,Payam Rezaie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.