All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary book encompasses the fields of rock mechanics, structural geology and petroleum engineering to address a wide range of geomechanical problems that arise during the exploitation of oil and gas reservoirs. It considers key practical issues such as prediction of pore pressure, estimation of hydrocarbon column heights and fault seal potential, determination of optimally stable well trajectories, casing set points and mud weights, changes in reservoir performance during depletion, and production-induced faulting and subsidence. The book establishes the basic principles involved before introducing practical measurement and experimental techniques to improve recovery and reduce exploitation costs. It illustrates their successful application through case studies taken from oil and gas fields around the world. This book is a practical reference for geoscientists and engineers in the petroleum and geothermal industries, and for research scientists interested in stress measurements and their application to problems of faulting and fluid flow in the crust.
- Author BiographyMark Zoback is the Benjamin M. Page Professor of Earth Sciences and Professor of Geophysics in the Department of Geophysics at Stanford University. The author/co-author of approximately 250 published research papers, he is a Fellow of the Geological Society of America, the American Geophysical Union, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. In 2006 he was awarded the Emil Wiechert Medal of the German Geophysical Society and in 2008, the Walter S. Bucher Medal of the American Geophysical Union.
- Author(s)Mark D. Zoback
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note174 b/w illus. 48 colour illus.
- Weight990 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.