All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been continuing interest in the improvement of the speed of Digital Signal processing. The use of Residue Number Systems for the design of DSP systems has been extensively researched in literature. Szabo and Tanaka have popularized this approach through their book published in 1967. Subsequently, Jenkins and Leon have rekindled the interest of researchers in this area in 1978, from which time there have been several efforts to use RNS in practical system implementation. An IEEE Press book has been published in 1986 which was a collection of Papers. It is very interesting to te that in the recent past since 1988, the research activity has received a new thrust with emphasis on VLSI design using n- ROM based designs as well as ROM based designs as evidenced by the increased publications in this area. The main advantage in using RNS is that several small word-length Processors are used to perform operations such as addition, multiplication and accumulation, subtraction, thus needing less instruction execution time than that needed in conventional 16 bitl32 bit DSPs. However, the disadvantages of RNS have b. een the difficulty of detection of overflow, sign detection, comparison of two numbers, scaling, and division by arbitrary number, RNS to Binary conversion and Binary to RNS conversion. These operations, unfortunately, are computationally intensive and are time consuming.
- Author(s)P. V. Ananda Mohan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number677
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.