All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThat residues of pesticide and other contaminants in the total environ- ment are of concern to everyone everywhere is attested by the reception accorded previous volumes of Residue Reviews and by the gratifying enthusiasm, sincerity, and efforts shown by all the individuals from whom manuscripts have been solicited. Despite much propaganda to the con- trary, there can never be any serious question that pest-control chemicals and food-additive chemicals are essential to adequate food production, manufacture, marketing, and storage, yet without continuing surveillance and intelligent control some of those that persist in our foodstuffs could at times conceivably endanger the public health. Ensuring safety-in-use of these many chemicals is a dynamic challenge, for established ones are continually being displaced by newly developed ones more acceptable to food techlogists, pharmacologists, toxicologists, and changing pest- control requirements in progressive food-producing ecomies. These matters are of genuine concern to increasing numbers of gov- ernmental agencies and legislative bodies around the world, for some of these chemicals have resulted in a few mishaps from improper use. Ade- quate safety-in-use evaluations of any of these chemicals persisting into our foodstuffs are t simple matters, and they incorporate the considered judgments of many individuals highly trained in a variety of complex biological, chemical, food techlogical, medical, pharmacological, and toxicological disciplines.
- Author(s)Francis A. Gunther
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleReviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.