Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThat residues of pesticide and other foreign chemicals in food- stuffs are of concern to everyone everywhere is amply attested by the reception accorded previous volumes of Residue Reviews and by the gratifying enthusiasm, sincerity, and efforts shown by all the in- dividuals from whom manuscripts have been solicited. Despite much propaganda to the contrary, there can never be any serious question that pest-control chemicals and food-additive chemicals are essential to adequate food production, manufacture, marketing, and storage, yet without continuing surveillance and intelligent control some of those that persist in our foodstuffs could at times conceivably endanger the public health. Ensuring safety-in-use of these many chemicals is a dynamic challenge, for established ones are continually being dis- placed by newly developed ones more acceptable to food tech- logists, pharmacologists, toxicologists, and changing pest-control requirements in progressive food-producing ecomies. These matters are of genuine concern to increasing numbers of governmental agencies and legislative bodies around the world, for some of these chemicals have resulted in a few mishaps from improper use. Adequate safety-in-use evaluations of any of these chemicals per- sisting into our foodstuffs are t simple matters, and they incorporate the considered judgments of many individuals highly trained in a variety of complex biological, chemical, food techlogical, medical, pharmacological, and toxicological disciplines.
- Author(s)Francis A. Gunther
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleResidue Reviews/Ruckstandsberichte
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight555 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1969
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.