All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSusan Wener survived cancer t once, but twice. The first time she followed the traditional route of surgery and chemotherapy. The second she went renegade, stepping out into the field of alternative medicine. This book brings to life a journey of more than 30 years, years filled with joy, as well as incredible physical, psychological, and spiritual challenges. As an educator and therapist who helps individuals cope with life-threatening illness, Wener brings a unique perspective to this story. As both a therapist and a patient, she discovers that what is most successful is medical care that is integrated, taking the whole patient into account, t just the disease in isolation. In prose that is both funny and profoundly moving, Wener takes us on her extraordinary journey to wellness and wisdom. She shares her innermost feelings with honesty, insight, and humor. She reminds us that life is filled with endless possibility, that hope and wishful thinking t only help us keep our heads above water but are essential to our sanity, and that what makes us magic is our ability to pick ourselves up every time we fall.
- Author BiographySusan Wener is an educator, guide, and teacher to people coping with life-threatening illnesses. She holds a degree in teaching from McGill University and is also a Natural Health Consultant with a certification in multi-dimensional healing. She is a practicing member of the Canadian Association of Naturopaths, and she has been a member of the Canadian Guidance and Counseling Association since the mid-1990s. She also holds a master practitioner certification in neuro-linguistic programming, time line therapy, and hypnosis with world-renowned master trainer Dr. Tad James. Susan shares her knowledge by speaking at educational institutions, at conferences, and on the radio. She is also an active participant on the Board of Governors at the Jewish General Hospital and The Board of Hope and Cope (an organization addressing the needs of cancer patients and their families), and she is a natural health consultant on the gynecological oncology tumor board of the Jewish General Hospital. She lives in Montreal.
- Author(s)Susan Wener
- PublisherFigure 1 Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFigure 1 Publishing
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.