All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.68
- AU $102.00Trending at AU $108.22
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.54
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.68
- AU $43.02Trending at AU $52.02
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.54
About this product
- DescriptionYou cant bounce back from hardship. You can only move through it. There is a path through pain to wisdom, through suffering to strength, and through fear to courage if we have the virtue of resilience.In 2012, Eric Greitens unexpectedly heard from a former SEAL comrade, a brother-in-arms he hadn't seen in a decade. Zach Walker had been one of the toughest of the tough. But ever since he returned home from war to his young family in a small logging town, he d been struggling. Without a sense of purpose, plagued by PTSD, and masking his pain with heavy drinking, he needed help. Zach and Eric started writing and talking nearly every day, as Eric set down his thoughts on what it takes to build resilience in our lives. Eric's letters drawing on both his own experience and wisdom from ancient and modern thinkers are w gathered and edited into this timeless guidebook. Resilience explains how we can build purpose, confront pain, practice compassion, develop a vocation, find a mentor, create happiness, and much more. Eric s lessons are deep yet practical, and his advice leads to clear solutions. We all face pain, difficulty, and doubt. But we also have the tools to take control of our lives. Resilience is an inspiring meditation for the warrior in each of us.
- Author BiographyEric Greitens was born and raised in Missouri. A Navy SEAL, Rhodes Scholar, boxing champion, and humanitarian leader, Eric earned his Ph.D. from Oxford University. He did research and documentary photography work with children and families in Rwanda, Albania, Mexico, India, Croatia, Bolivia, and Cambodia.The founder of The Mission Continues and the author of the New York Times best-seller The Heart and the Fist, Eric was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people. Fortune magazine named him one of the 50 greatest leaders in the world. Eric lives in Missouri with his wife, Sheena and son, Joshua.To learn more about Eric and his work, please visit www.ericgreitens.com.
- Author(s)Eric Greitens
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byEric Greitens
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.