All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll systems break down. Some bounce back, others do t. This is a book about why. RESILIENCE is a book about how the world works. It covers business, ecomic, geographic and social systems in a thrillingly readable narrative. A wealth of absorbing examples are covered, from the link between US oil prices and the recent 'tortilla riots' in Mexico to what was really happening when the US government decided t to bail out Lehman Bros. RESILIENCE introduces completely new ideas, such as 'flipping' which is when a systems has been pulled out of shape so often it changes forever. The thinking in RESILIENCE has crucial implications for how to understand the world in which we live.
- Author BiographyAndrew Zolli is a leading global foresight and innovation expert and is the creator of Pop!Tech, a renowned social innovation network and thought leadership forum. The New York Times calls Pop!Tech 'an enduring, not-to-miss event.' Andrew is a major speaker on both sides of the Atlantic and has been interviewed for The New York Times, FastCompany, BusinessWeek, the BBC and Wired. Ann Marie Healy is a playwright, screenwriter and journalist. Her writing has been supported and honoured by organizations as diverse as the Sundance Institute, The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and The New York State Council for the Arts.
- Author(s)Andrew Zolli,Ann Marie Healy
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBusiness Plus
- Weight294 g
- Width148 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.