All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Venezuelan painter and sculptor Alejandro Otero (1921-1990) was one of the most significant artists in the history of abstraction. Between 1955 and 1960, he developed an extraordinary series of 75 paintings called Coloritmos (Colourhythms), one of his major contribu--tions to the field of painting. Painted with Duco, a shiny industrial lacquer applied with a spray gun or roller, the Colourhythms are large-scale compositional modules executed on rectangular support structures. In these works, Otero succeeded in emphasising rhythm and colour over form; as a consequence of optical intensity, chromatic vibration and the suggestion of rhythmic movement, the pictures seem to expand dynamically outward. This illuminating book, the first dedicated to Colourhythms, evaluates their place in Otero's practice and in the context of international geometric abstraction.
- Author BiographyRina Carvajal is an independent curator and critic based in Miami who is presently a guest curator for the Instituto de Arte Contemporanea (IAC) in Sao Paulo and the Instituto Moreira Salles in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
- Author(s)Rina Carvajal
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2014
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Content Note86 colour illustrations
- Weight1332 g
- Width221 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.