Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis title contains 80 complete lesson plans with complementary worksheets specifically aligned to the Key Stage 3 curriculum, plus a companion website. Don't have time to find new ideas to teach ratio and proportion? Have some great new ICT equipment, but aren't quite sure how to make the most of it? New to teaching and struggling to keep to the curriculum and lesson time? This resource contains 80 ready-to-use maths lesson plans suitable for the whole department to use with 11-14-year-olds. Each plan consists of a teacher's sheet which breaks down the lesson into time-allocated sections, plus a photocopiable, or downloadable student worksheet that corresponds to the teacher's lesson plan. There is also a dynamic companion website with activities and software to support the lesson plans in the book, giving teachers the time and confidence to try new activities in the classroom with minimal preparation time. The lessons focus on problem solving and putting maths into context to engage students in deeper mathematical thought and there are plenty of online resources to help busy maths teachers find new ways of delivering the curriculum and make the most of their ICT equipment. It's hard eugh for teachers to fit all their marking, extra-curricular duties and training into their lives, let alone finding time to think up exciting new ways of delivering their subject to a mixed-ability class. This new series offers complete, curriculum-friendly lesson plans for busy secondary school teachers of various disciplines. Each title includes an assortment of lesson plans designed to motivate and inspire students. Each plan consists of a teacher's sheet, providing: the aims and objectives of the lesson; a lesson starter, main phase, plenary and homework ideas, each with suggested timeframes; and, guidance on how to adapt the activities to make them harder or easier for gifted and talented, or less able pupils. Each plan also includes a photocopiable, or downloadable student task sheet which corresponds to the teacher's lesson plan, plus online resources including links to useful websites, material to display on the whiteboard and time-saving cheat sheets.
- Author BiographyColin Foster teaches mathematics at a secondary school in Coventry, UK.
- Author(s)Colin Foster
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleResources for Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.