All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- Description'This text is recommended unreservedly; it should be on the bookshelves of all early childhood workers' - Curriculum This book focuses attention on current early childhood issues and examines them inlight of the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child. The book stresses the importance of national policy and highlights the responsibilities of all adults who work with children, in terms of enabling children to realize their rights. Practical issues are addressed, drawing on relevant theory and current research from the United Kingdon and overseas.
- Author BiographyProfessor Cathy Nutbrown is Head of the School of Education at the University of Sheffield, where she teaches and researches in the field of early childhood education. Cathy began her career as a teacher of young children and has since worked in a range of settings and roles with children, parents, teachers, and other early childhood educators. Cathy is committed to finding ways of working 'with respect' with young children, and sees the concept of quality in the context of what it means to develop curriculum and pedagogy in the early years with the ambition of working in a climate of 'respectful education'. She established the University of Sheffield MA in Early Childhood Education in 1998 and a Doctoral Programme in Early Childhood Education in 2008. In 2010 she contributed to the Tickell Review of the Early Years Foundation In June 2012 she reported on her year-long independent review for government on early years and childcare qualifications (The Nutbrown Review). She is Editor-in-Chief of the SAGE Journal of Early Childhood Research and author of over fifty publications on aspects of early childhood education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/1996
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byCathy Nutbrown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.