All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are Responsible Tourism and Corporate Social Responsibility? What is the industry's awareness regarding these concepts? What are the systems and tools currently available on the market that tourism SMEs can use to assess their engagement and the sustainability of their business? This book is aimed at replying to these questions and offering an invative contribution to the current debate in the field. After having defined Responsible Tourism and CSR and the environment in which these methodologies develop, the authors present and compare the main European assessment and certification systems, describe their characteristics and functionalities and discuss the relevant issues concerning their application. Through the AHP model and the selection of a number of relevant case histories, the suitability and efficacy of these systems in monitoring the level of responsibility of tourism SMEs are analyzed and debated. The results obtained contribute to enhance the recognition and diffusion of CSR principles in tourism and to support tourism businesses in choosing the assessment tool that best fits with their characteristics and the nature of their activity. The study also enables students and researchers to build or enhance their kwledge about the main reporting initiatives available in Europe and to assess the potential of the mathematical model applied for this kind of study.
- Author BiographyMara Manente is Director of CISET, the International Center of Studies on Tourism Economics of Ca' Foscari University Venice. She has more than 20 years of experience in tourism research and training. She is a member of UNWTO Committee on Statistics and the Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA), of the EC Tourism Sustainability Group and of ISTAT Working Group on the national TSA. Manente is also a consultant for various international and national institutions. Valeria Mighetti is Chief Senior Researcher at CISET. She has more than 15 years of experience in teaching, researching and writing on tourism subjects. She has co-ordinated and worked on a number of projects for important national and international organizations (ISTAT, EUROSTAT, European Commission, UNWTO, etc.). Her main research interests include: tourism demand analysis and forecasting; the impacts of tourism at local level; sustainability and responsibility in tourism; IT innovation in tourism. Erica Mingotto is Junior Researcher at CISET. She has a Master's Program in Economics from Ca' Foscari University Venice, with a thesis on the development of responsible tourism and the diffusion of CSR in the tourism sector. Her main research interests include the study of sustainable development, responsible tourism and CSR and the assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of public actions in tourism.
- Author(s)Erica Mingotto,Mara Manente,Valeria Minghetti
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/07/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleCSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight380 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.