All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sensing, processing, and visualizing that are currently in development within the environment boldly change the ways design and maintenance of landscapes are perceived and conceptualised. This is the first book to rationalize interactive architecture and responsive techlogies through the lens of contemporary landscape architectural theory. Responsive Landscapes frames a comprehensive view of design projects using responsive techlogies and their relationship to landscape and environmental space. Divided into six insightful sections, the book frames the projects through the terms; elucidate, compress, displace, connect, ambient, and modify to present and construct a pragmatic framework in which to approach the integration of responsive techlogies into landscape architecture. Complete with international case studies, the book explores the various approaches taken to utilise responsive techlogies in current professional practice. This will serve as a reference for professionals, and academics looking to push the boundaries of landscape projects and seek inspiration for their design proposals.
- Author BiographyBradley Cantrell is an associate professor at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, USA, and design researcher at Invivia whose work focuses on the role of computation and media in environmental and ecological design. Professor Cantrell received his BSLA from the University of Kentucky and his MLA from the Harvard Graduate School of Design. He is the author of the ASLA award-winning book Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture and Modeling the Environment. Justine Holzman is a landscape researcher and visiting assistant professor at the Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture at Louisiana State University, USA. She received a BA in Landscape Architecture from the University of California Berkeley and an MLA from the Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture. Her current research recognizes the inherent responsive capabilities of landscape through its materiality and work in ceramics and digital fabrication has been exhibited across the United States.
- Author(s)Bradley E. Cantrell,Justine Holzman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note64 colour illustrations, 71 colour illustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.