Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the saddest realities in the Church today is that many Christians are living in cages. The bars of these prisons are t made of iron, but of far more daunting materials: depression, fear, anxiety, guilt, and shame. Why? One reason that lies at the root of these struggles is often overlooked. It is our trouble believing in God's sovereignty. Using Psalm 91 as an outline, Dan Ledwith shows how God's sovereignty positively impacts our lives by securing the promises of God to give us rest from depression, anxiety, fear, guilt, and shame so that we can be free to live with joy, to make peace with our past, to have hope for tomorrow, to live boldly, and to love God, ourselves, and others. If you want to kw the peace that God offers, you need to be learning what it means to rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Rest in the Shadow of the Almighty is a needed and helpful word about true peace with God in the midst of a chaotic world. It is soul care at its best.-Rev. Dr. Kenneth L. Swetland, Sr. Professor of Ministry Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Using his kwledge of Scripture and Christian history, Dan masterfully illustrates the biblical cures for the curses common to us all. His book is a welcome addition to the 21st century discussion regarding the extent and practicality of God's sovereignty. A must read.-Rev. Dr. William E. Boylan, Sr. Pastor at Byfield Parish Church, Georgetown MA and President of Biblical Witness Fellowship. I can promise this is t ather read it and forget it book; this is a resource you will resort to over and over again. Everyone needs to read this book! Get it, read it, and pass it on.-Rev. Steve Poole, Director of Spiritual Formation and Pastoral Mentoring for Vision New England. Dan has written a timely and more importantly, a wise pastoral book to help people with the struggles of life in this fallen world. His Rest in the Shadow of the Almighty is a balm for the soul.-Rev. Dr. Frank A. James III, Provost, Professor of Historical Theology Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
- Author BiographyDaniel R. Ledwith currently serves as Pastor of Administration and Church Ministries at Byfield Parish Church in Georgetown, MA. Dan is the co-author of Forgiveness Is Tremendous, and is the founder of Living Grace and Truth Ministries. He holds degrees from Reformed Theological Seminary and Princeton Theological Seminary. He has been married 21 years to his wife Mandi and is the proud father of three girls.
- Author(s)Daniel R Ledwith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.