All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis lavishly illustrated catalogue for the forthcoming Lance Ribeiro 2013 exhibition at Asia House is a fitting tribute to one of the most striking, if under-valued, artists of our time. By the early 1960s, Bombay-born artist Lancelot Ribeiro (1933 - 2010) or Lance, as he was later kwn, had had six one-man shows, and his work had toured India, Europe and North America in Ten Indian Painters. He was one of the founder members of The Indian Painters Collective, the multicultural Rainbow Group and Indian Artists UK, and organised exhibitions and lectured on Indian art and culture for the Commonwealth Institute. After two major retrospectives in the 1980s, he exhibited in Germany and Switzerland and again in India in 1998. His last public showing was in Britain just three months before his death in 2010. This catalogue demonstrates t only the highly original nature of Ribeiro's work and how he experimented with new materials ahead of his time, but how he also worked tirelessly to promote Indian art, its artists and culture in Britain. Reproducing over 70 works in full colour, this book also includes contributions from those who knew Ribeiro well, private photographs, and letters from his family archive, many of which have come to light for the first time.
- Author BiographyKatriana Hazell is a freelance curator with over 15 years experience of curating exhibitions of Asian art. From 1997 to 2009 she was the Cultural Director of Asia House and over this time she developed an innovative programme of exhibitions establishing Asia House as one of the major venues for Asian arts in the UK. Prior to this she curated exhibitions at the Commonwealth Institute, the National Museums of Scotland and the Scottish Arts Council.
- Author(s)Katriana Hazell
- PublisherRiver Books
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintRiver Books
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width246 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.