All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFewer than three percent of children in the industrial world are born with visual defects, yet as they become adults nearly two thirds will become reliant on prescription lenses to see clearly. Virtually nexistent in pre-industrialised cultures, this epidemic of blurred vision can be traced to mental, physical and spiritual imbalances in modern society. The traditional quick fixes of eyeglasses and contact lenses only serve to cover the true cause of blurred vision while increasing eye-strain and often progressively worsening eyesight as the eyes become trained to work within the confines of the corrective lenses. The advent of refractive surgery carries even more serious risks. This book offers natural methods for improvement of poor eyesight and stress-related difficulties, including dyslexia and ADHD and combines the core values of the Bates method of natural vision improvement and Taoism. In Restoring Your Eyesight , Doug Marsh offers a natural alternative that shows readers how to improve their eyesight by taking conscious control of their vision health. He combines proven methods pioneered a century ago by eye doctor, William Bates, with the ancient Chinese wisdom of Taoism. Marsh describes how vision goes deeper than the eyes and optic nerves, extending well into the layers of the mind, emotions and spirit. Eyesight difficulties are often connected to behavioural and stress-related syndromes, such as dyslexia, ADHD, stuttering, TMJ and anxiety disorders. He draws upon the core values of the Bates method and Taoism - rhythm, softness, return, balance and wholeness - to provide guidelines for a holistic healing of outer and inner vision.
- Author BiographyDoug Marsh, a professional engineer and vision educator, has extensively studied natural vision improvement and the mind/body interface as it relates to eyesight. The natural Taoist approach has greatly reduced his nearsightedness while also relieving the symptoms of a TMJ/inner-ear disorder. Most days he experiences brief, spontaneous flashes of near 20/20 eyesight, an encouraging sign that his vision continues to heal. He lives in Canada.
- Author(s)Doug Marsh
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication30/01/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Weight450 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.