All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionRestricted-orientation convexity is the study of geometric objects whose intersections with lines from some fixed set are connected. This tion generalizes standard convexity and several types of ntraditional convexity. The authors explore the properties of this generalized convexity in multidimensional Euclidean space, and describ restricted-orientation analogs of lines, hyperplanes, flats, halfspaces, and identify major properties of standard convex sets that also hold for restricted-orientation convexity. They then introduce the tion of strong restricted-orientation convexity, which is an alternative generalization of convexity, and show that its properties are also similar to that of standard convexity.
- Author BiographyEugene Fink received his B.S. degree from Mount Allison University (Canada) in 1991, M.S. from the University of Waterloo (Canada) in 1992, and Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University (USA) in 1999. He has been an assistant professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University of South Florida (USA) since 1999. His research interests include computational geometry, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and e-commerce. Derick Wood received his B.Sc. (1963) and Ph.D. (1968) from the University of Leeds (UK). He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Courant Institute, New York University (USA), from 1968 to 1970, and then joined McMaster University (Canada) in 1970. He was a professor at the University of Waterloo (Canada) from 1982 to 1992, at the University of Western Ontario (Canada) from 1992 to 1995, and at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology since 1995. He has published widely in a number of research areas and written two textbooks, Theory of Computation (John Wiley, 1987) and Data Structures, Algorithms, and Performance (Addison-Wesley, 1993).
- Author(s)Derick Wood,Eugene Fink
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleMonographs in Theoretical Computer Science : An Eatcs Series
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight189 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.