Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionAs the most restrictive language policy context in the United States, Arizona's molingual and prescriptive approach to teaching English learners continues to capture international attention. More than five school years after initial implementation, this study uses qualitative data from the individuals doing the policy work to provide a holistic picture of the complexities and intricacies of Arizona's language policy in practice. Drawing on the varied perspectives of teachers, leaders, administrators, teacher-educators, lawmakers and community activists, the book examines the lived experiences of those involved in Arizona's language policy on a daily basis, highlighting the importance of local perspectives and experiences as well as the need to prepare and professionalize teachers of English learners.
- Author BiographyAmy J. Heineke is Associate Professor of Education in the School of Education, Loyola University Chicago, USA, where she leads undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs focused on English learners and bilingual education. Her research interests include language policy, English learners and teacher preparation.
- Author(s)Amy J. Heineke
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume Number103
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight506 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.