Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRestrooms can be the hidden gems of an interior design scheme; every building needs them yet they are often overlooked in favour of the more public spaces. This book sets out to remedy this by covering over 45 of the best recent designs from around the world by major international designers.Organised into chapters by type of interior - restaurants, hotels, bars and clubs, public toilets and other public buildings - for each project there are numerous images together with plans, where useful, showing the location and interior arrangement of the space, making this an invaluable resource for both interior designers and architects.The featured restrooms include: Osaka Castle Park, Osaka, Japan, Shuhei Endo; A.5 4 Motorway, South of France, SCP Beguin & Macchini; Urilift and Urigienic street urinals, various locations, Marco Shimmel, Urilift BV; Public Restrooms, Workington, UK, Allerdale Borough Council (architecture), Paul Scott (artworks), Robert Drake (texts); 2=1, Berlin, Germany, GK Sekkei; WC1, London WC1, UK, Marchhare; PointWC, Paris, France, Nina Virus, Studio549; Hasiukebori restroom, Tokyo, Japan, Akira Watanabe in collaboration with Masahiro Ikeda; Geberit Headquarters, Jona, Switzerland, designrichtung; Belle et Fou theatre, Berlin, Germany, Meuser Architekten BDA; Creche, Manlleu, Spain, RCR Aranda Pigem Vilalta Architectos; Artoteek, The Hague, The Netherlands, NEXT Architects (revation), Ica van Tongeren (tile design); and, De Effenaar music venue, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, MVRDV (architecture), Bob Copray and Anthony Kleinepier (interiors).The features restrooms also include: Office of the Children's Commissioner, London, UK, Feilden+Mawson; Maag Recycling Factory, Winterthur, Switzerland, oos; Matthias Finklestein's Holistic Treatment Centre, Berlin, Germany, Mateja Mikulandra-Macket; Dental Clinic KU64, Berlin, Germany, Graft; CCA Graduate Center, San Francisco, USA, Jensen & Macy Architects; Duomo Hotel, Rimini, Italy, Ron Arad Associates; Blue Heaven, Frankfurt, Germany, Adam D Tihany; Sofitel, Queenstown, New Zealand, Perron; Puerta America, Madrid, Spain, various architects; Lloyd Hotel, Amsterdan, The Netherlands, MVRDV in collaboration with Christian Seyforth and Atelier van Lieshout; Club Prive, New York, USA, Adam D Tihany; O, New York, USA, Jeffrey Beers; Bon Moscow, Moscow, Russia, Philippe Starck; and, Nobu Berkeley, London, UK, David Collins Studio. The featured restrooms also include: Mix, Las Vegas, USA, Patrick Jouin; Museum of Applied Arts Cafe, Vienna, Austria, Eichinger oder Knechtl; Morimoto, New York, USA, Tadao Ando and Ross Lovegrove; 'P' Food and Wine, Turin, Italy, Simone Micheli Architectural Hero; Four Food Studio, Long Island, New York, USA, Karim Rashid; La Cirque, New York, USA, Adam D Tihany; Two and a Half Lemon, Birgu, Malta, Chris Briffa; Two Twenty Two, Valletta, Malta, Chris Briffa; Nobu 57, New York, USA, David Rockwell; Posto, Turin, Italy, Studio UdA; Embyro Nightclub, Bucharest, Romania, Square One; Chinawhite and Volstead, London, UK, Satmoko Ball; Cocoon Club, Frankfurt, Germany, 3deluxe; Crobar, New York, USA, ICRAVE Design; The Commune at The Great Wall Clubhouse, Beijing, and The Pressroom, Hong Kong, China, Leigh Orange; Eve, Melboume, Australia, David Hicks; Reina Bruja, Madrid, Spain, Tomas Alia; and, Sol & Sombre, Madrid, Spain, Tomas Alia.
- Author BiographyJennifer Hudson is an editor and researcher in the fields of contemporary design and architecture, and has been the general editor of The International Design Yearbook for the last 15 years. She is the author of 1000 New Designs and Where to Find Them (2006). As a freelance writer she has contributed to Frame, Canadian Interiors and Virgin in-flight magazines.
- Author(s)Jennifer Hudson
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication12/05/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Out-of-print date26/09/2014
- Content Note268 illustrations, 239 in colour
- Weight1320 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.