All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionNew industries are emerging; others are disrupted; old barriers are crumbling, while new ones are rising. This book seeks to better understand the challenges facing industries, networks, businesses and management during periods of industry structuring and restructuring. Comprising a series of contributions from experts in the field, the book addresses key questions about the opportunities and threats posed by these times of turmoil, including: How do existing industries sustain their competitiveness in such difficult times? How do networks stave off threats from new techlogies? How do emerging and incumbent companies survive when growth is t an option? And how should companies be governed during periods of industry structuring and restructuring? In answering these questions, the contributors provide an overview of the strategies that industries, networks, businesses and managers are currently deploying in order to adapt to chaotic conditions and to enhance business profitability. Their responses make a distinctive contribution to scholarly thought and management practice.
- Author BiographyRene Abate is Senior Vice President in the Paris office of The Boston Consulting Group. He has recently published a book on the history of the largest French companies, called 'Trajectoire d'exception: a la decouverte des plus grandes enterprises francaise'. Karel Cool holds the BP Chair of European Competitiveness and is Professor of Strategic Management at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France. He has consulted for many international companies on major problems of corporate and industry restructuring and is the Associate Editor of the Strategic Management Journal. James Henderson holds the Tejabaipul Term Chair and is Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at Babson College in Wellesley, MA. He works on many strategy--related topics for international companies.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleStrategic Management Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note20
- Weight700 g
- Width176 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJames E. Henderson,Karel O. Cool,Rene Abate
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.