All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.33Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica's two greatest strengths-her liberal democratic culture and her free-market ecomy-have made her a global superpower. But left unchecked, these two strengths can become great cultural weaknesses, sowing selfishness, recklessness, and apathy. In Resurrecting the Idea of a Christian Society, theologian R. R. Re argues that America needs a renewal of Christian ideals-ideals that encourage self-sacrifice, responsibility, and solidarity. Drawing on T.S. Eliot's 1940 essay The Idea of a Christian Society, Re shows how Christianity encourages an abiding ambition for higher things and a moral vision that can strengthen communities and transform America into a truly great nation.
- Author BiographyR. R. RENO, the editor of First Things, America's leading journal of religion and public life, grew up in Maryland and attended Haverford College. After earning his doctorate in religious studies from Yale, he taught theology at Creighton University for twenty years. His previous books include In the Ruins of the Church, Fighting the Noonday Devil, and various scholarly works. He lives with his wife in New York City.
- Author(s)R. R. Reno
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.