All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<p>In a fascinating analysis of critical themes in Feodor Dostoevsky's work, Rene Girard explores the implications of the Russian author's underground, a site of isolation, alienation, and resentment. Brilliantly translated, this book is a testament to Girard's remarkable engagement with Dostoevsky's work, through which he discusses numerous aspects of the human condition, including desire, which Girard argues is triangular or mimetic -- copied from models or mediators whose objects of desire become our own. Girard's interdisciplinary approach allows him to shed new light on religion, spirituality, and redemption in Dostoevsky's writing, culminating in a revelatory discussion of the author's spiritual understanding and personal integration. Resurrection is an essential and thought-provoking companion to Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground.
- Author Biography<p>Rene Girard is a member of the French Academy, Emeritus Professor at Stanford University, and the author of several books that have been translated widely. He is the recipient of the Modern Language Association's Lifetime Achievement Award (2008).
- Author(s)Rene Girard
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEast Lansing, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Out-of-print date17/04/2015
- Weight212 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.