Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionRetailing is a high-tech, global, growth industry that plays a vital ecomic role in society. The authors' objective in preparing the eighth edition is to stimulate student interest in retailing courses and careers by capturing the exciting, challenging, and rewarding opportunities facing both retailers and firms that sell their products and services to retailers, such as IBM and Proctor & Gamble. The textbook focuses on the strategic issues facing the retail industry and provides a current, informative, 'good read' for students. The eighth edition maintains the basic philosophy of previous editions while focusing on key strategic issues with an emphasis on financial considerations and implementation through merchandise and store management. These strategic and tactical issues are examined for a broad spectrum of retailers, both large and small, domestic and international, selling merchandise and services.
- Author BiographyMichael Levy, PhD, is the Charles Clarke Reynolds Professor of Marketing and Director of the Retail Supply Chain Institute at Babson College. He received his PhD in business administration from The Ohio State University and his undergraduate and MS degrees in business administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He taught at Southern Methodist University before joining the faculty as professor and chair of the marketing department at the University of Miami. Professor Levy has developed a strong stream of research in retailing, business logistics, financial retailing strategy, pricing, and sales management. He has published over 50 articles in leading marketing and logistics journals, including the Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of Marketing Research. He currently serves on the editorial review board of the Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Logistics Management, International Journal of Logistics and Materials Management, ECR Journal, and European Business Review. He is coauthor of Retailing Management, 6e (2007), the best-selling college-level retailing text in the world. Professor Levy was co-editor of Journal of Retailing from 2001-2007. Professor Levy has worked in retailing and related disciplines throughout his professional life. Prior to his academic career, he worked for several retailers and a housewares distributor in Colorado. He has performed research projects with many retailers and retail technology firms, including Accenture, Federated Department Stores, Khimetrics, Mervyn's, Neiman Marcus, ProfitLogic (Oracle), Zale Corporation, and numerous law firms. He co-chaired the 1993 Academy of Marketing Science conference and the 2006 Summer AMA conference.
- Author(s)Barton A. Weitz,Michael Levy
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date02/02/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1637 g
- Width218 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.