All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost teachers still rely on compliance and control to maintain order in their classrooms. Drawing on years of classroom experience and consulting work, Patricia Sequeira Belvel proposes a more effective strategy-classroom leadership for both teachers and students. This second edition of the bestselling book, Rethinking Classroom Management, is based on a leadership model of prevention, intervention, and problem solving, and is filled with real-life examples, tips, strategies, and worksheets to help teachers foster leadership in themselves and their students. The author's techniques help teachers to recognize and solve problems at an early stage before learning is disrupted. Integrating classroom leadership into the day-to-day life of the classroom establishes an environment that supports students' sense of self-esteem, influence, automy, and connectedness. Students enjoy a more productive and supportive learning climate while also learning important life skills such as problem solving and building successful relationships with peers.
- Author BiographyPatricia Sequeira Belvel is a mother, teacher, educational consultant, and leadership coach for teachers and families. As founder and president of Training & Consulting Institute, Inc., Belvel's mission is to promote leadership skills that will impact and shift management strategies from those that rely on the motivation of reward and punishment to those that invite internal control. She has been leading classroom leadership and family leadership workshops for the past 30 years, encouraging educators to initiate and support a learning environment (both at home and at school) that invites young people to become responsible, caring, peaceful leaders. She is well known for her compassionate, no-blame approach in working with teachers and students. Currently, she contracts with school districts and individual school sites to support teachers' use of these strategies in their classrooms. She is also an adjunct faculty member, lecturer, and supervisor of student teachers at San Jose State University in California. Educators from many cultures and dis-tricts endorse her work because of the positive impact of the workshop and follow-up coaching sessions for both students and teachers. She holds a BA from Holy Names University in Oakland, California, and an MA from the University of Santa Clara, California. You can contact Pat through her Web site at www.trngedu.com.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPatricia Sequeira Belvel
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.