All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionAs local communities and public services reel under the impact of global ecomic turmoil, it is vital to find more creative ways for the services to work together with those who depend on them and who also, as citizens, ultimately govern them. Community practice is the name for that growing part of the relationship by which service providers and local residents collaborate flexibly and ecomically to meet needs, boost community strengths and service effectiveness, and link participative and representative democracy. Combining re-examination of theory with practical tools and approaches, Chanan and Miller provide a new framework for local involvement strategy, for policy-makers and practitioners alike. They show how this invative but still amorphous movement can become more coherent, both on the ground and in public policy: reforming community development, building new kinds of neighbourhood partnership, measuring outcomes objectively, and combining the best invations of the past three decades into a new synthesis. This is an important new perspective for all local public service agencies, all practitioners working in communities, and academics and students concerned with these fields.
- Author BiographyGabriel Chanan MBE is a researcher and strategist on community engagement and development. He has played a leading part in modernising community development, and embedding commitment to strengthening communities in public policy. Colin Miller is a researcher and consultant on community empowerment. He has extensive experience as a practitioner and manager and has played an important role in developing ideas in relation to CD theory, practice and management.
- Author(s)Colin Miller,Gabriel Chanan
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.