All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a progressive Christian approach to soteriology and missiology in a global, postcolonial context. Much of the history of mission has been interlaced with imperial structures. Often the colonial and ecomic impulses of the colonial powers overshadow some of the counter-imperial tendencies of biblical texts and ecclesial communities. Evangelical missionary theologies have led to cultural gecide. These missionary practices have been heavily critiqued in the last few decades. Christian progressives have been in the forefront of the critique of mission, but have often responded in ways that reject the of mission of the word, instead highlighting a mission focused on developmental concerns that obscures the Christian content but continues to push Western capitalist structures into 'developing' postcolonial societies. Instead, this book proposes an integration of gospel and culture. It aims to steer a third course towards an integration of the kwledge and treasures, the losses and laments of Christianities forged in colonizing and colonized societies. Proposing that these Christianities are more alike than different, and in need of each other for reconciliation of communities facing the ecological and ecomic collapse at the limits of what the planet can carry.
- Author BiographyMarion Grau is the Adjunct Professor of Theology at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific, a member of the Graduate Theological Union. She is the co-editor with Rosemary Radford Ruerther of Interpreting Post-Modernity: Responses to Radical Orthodoxy. Her essays have appeared in Strike Terror No More: Theology, Ethics, and the New War, Postcolonialism and Theology, and Crosscurrents.
- Author(s)Marion Grau
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.