All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBalancing readability with intellectual rigour, this is an essential guide to the complex relationship between psychology, science, and pseudoscience. Unique in its focus on the philosophy of science within psychology, it critiques controversial practices and challenges the biases which threaten academic rigour within the field.
- Author BiographyBrian Hughes is Professor of Psychology at the National University of Ireland, Galway. He has held visiting academic appointments at the Universities of Missouri, Leiden, and Birmingham, and at King's College London. His research focuses on psychological stress and its impact on health, and on psychosocial moderators of stress processes. He also writes widely on the psychology of empiricism and of empirically disputable claims, especially as they pertain to science, health, and medicine. He holds Ph.D. and B.A. degrees from the National University of Ireland, and an Ed.M. degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Author(s)Brian Hughes
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight458 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.