All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionRethinking Scientific Literacy presents a new perspective on science learning as a tool for improving communities. By focusing on case studies inside and outside of the classroom, the authors illuminate the relevance of science in students' everyday lives, offering a new vision of scientific literacy that is inextricably linked with social responsibility and community development. The goal if t tote memorization of facts and theories, but a broader competency in scientific thinking and the ability to generate positive change.
- Author BiographyWolff-Michael Roth is Lansdowne Professor, Applied Cognitive Science and Science Education, University of Victoria. Angela Calabrese Barton is Associate Professor of Science Education and Director of Science Education, Department of Math, Science, and Technology, Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Angela Calabrese Barton,Wolff-Michael Roth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Social Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.