All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlbert Einstein is the real hero of Rethinking Survival. Readers worldwide are becoming increasingly ready to heed the prophetic warnings of this internationally loved and respected genius. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive. Einstein already had the Unified Theory, but didn't kw it. As West reveals here, he missed it because he lacked the yoga-compatible model of concentric circles into which gradations of light, energy and mass are placed in a two-directional, infinite continuum. The Positive Paradigm Wheel pictures an elegantly simple yet complete and correct reality map. It meets the Occam's Razor standard: maximum inclusiveness with greatest brevity. Rethinking builds on the work of comparative religion legend Joseph Campbell. It answers his concern that myths don't meet today's needs. The Positive Paradigm is a framework which, in his words, recognizes the humanity of a person on the other side of the hemisphere. It shows how experience on the purely physical plane resonates with innermost being and reality. Structure. Rethinking starts with THE PREMISE: Why You Will Want to Read Rethinking. Part One, GETTING THERE is autobiographical. It tells the story of how West's ideas evolved, answering the questions: What is the author's background; what are her qualifications? Why is she writing, and why did she wait so long? Part Two, THE POSITIVE PARADIGM describes the Positive Paradigm of Change in depth. Readers are invited to work with the model to instill Einstein's new way of thinking. Illustrations worth a thousand words each talk to the right brain, balancing left brain text. The paradigm is used to define key concepts like creativity and love. Democracy is subject to the laser scrutiny of the Positive Paradigm. Part Three, ATHEISM ANSWERED takes atheism head on, putting it in Positive Paradigm context. Open letters to Putin, Soros, Clinton and Beck demonstrate the connection between ideas, practical politics and survival. Readers are called to participate actively as connectors and salesmen, tipping us in the direction of a Positive Paradigm shift.
- Author BiographyPat West combines a rare blend of education, travel, work experience and introspection to produce a work uniquely her own. She balances an array of traditional credentials with non-traditional schooling in music, yoga, world scriptures and on-the-job training in a host of work settings. West attended Oberlin College, where she took a B.A. in history and philosophy, while performing in the conservatory orchestra and string ensembles as an amateur. Her M.A. in English and Ph.D. in Educational Administration are from the UW-Madison. At the Robert Schumann Konservatorium in Dusseldorf, Germany, West participated in Sandor Vegh's master violin class, at the same time teaching English-as-a-Second-Language at the state Volkshochschule. Later, she worked as a confidential administrative secretary at the UW, while also training along-side pioneers of the holistic health movement. She spent personal time in Spring Green, enjoying the hospitality of an extended family of Frank Lloyd Wright apprentices. For over 35 years, West has immersed herself in the I Ching, the ancient Chinese compendium of natural law. She's applied the principals of change mapped in this perennial leadership manual to the organizations she's moved through, observing the dynamics of work-place relationships in hospitals, law firms, corporations, small businesses and schools. As the owner of a small business, +A Positive Action Press, Dr. West has published a user-friendly version of the I Ching called The Common Sense Book of Change and The Ultimate Personal Survival Guide: 64 Essays on the Book of Change. In addition, she's produced a version of the world-loved Tao Te Ching which illumines its I Ching and yogic underpinnings, Two Sides of a Coin: Lao Tze's Common Sense Way of Change. A very private person, West is currently retired and lives quietly in rural Wisconsin, USA For more information and updates visit www.RethinkingSurvival.com.
- Author(s)Patricia E West Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.