All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLet's face it: learning is a high-stakes venture. True learning - the kind that stays with students long after the grades are in - requires risk. Ownership. Change. But what does it look like for students to really understand your subject? How can you structure assignments so that Googling becomes an asset, t a threat, to demonstrating kwledge? Veteran teacher Mickey Kolis invites you to reflect on how you do learning in your classroom. Real-life classroom examples demonstrate how you can shift the drive for learning into students' hands - while still meeting your learning benchmarks. From making assignments meaningful to students to assessing the results, Rethinking Teaching explores key ideas for creating environments where students want to learn.
- Author BiographyMickey Kolis, author of Student Relevance Matters, draws upon his work with public school students, pre-service and professional teachers to talk about some Powerful Ideas that matter in teaching and learning. He would like to thank all the teachers who have shared their powerful ideas about what works in their classroom so that others can benefit from those hard won lessons!
- Author(s)Mickey Kolis
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Notefigures
- Weight199 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.