All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text presents current information on retinal and choroidal manifestations of systemic diseases from leading experts in the field. Topics include retinal and choroidal manifestations of AIDS, pediatric diseases, toxicity of systemic drugs, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis (DUSN), viral and fungal diseases, sarcoidosis, Behcet's disease, carotid artery and renal diseases, changes related to pregnancy, intraocular lymphoma, and more. Their kwledge and experience will assist ophthalmologists, retina specialists, uveitis and ocular oncology specialists, and general physicians approach a level of kwledge about retinal and choroidal manifestations of systemic diseases to benefit patients in everyday clinical practice.
- Author BiographyDr. J. Fernando Arevalo, MD, FACS, is the author of Retinal Angiography and Optical Coherence Tomography (Springer, 2009) and the served as Professor and Chairman of the Retina and Vitreous Service of Clinica Oftalmologica Centro Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela (1996-2011). He has held Retina and Vitreous Fellowships in Clinica Barraquer and Fundacion Oftalmologica Nacional (Bogota, Colombia) as well as at the University of California San Diego with William Freeman, MD. He has also held the Uveitis and Intraocular Inflammation Fellowship at the University of California San Diego with William Freeman, MD and the Ocular Oncology Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital with Jerry Shields, MD. Dr. Arevalo was invited by Johns Hopkins University (JHU) in Baltimore to work as Professor of Ophthalmology and Chief of the Retina Division of the King Khaled Eye Hospital (KKESH) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for a three year tenure starting on July 2011, followed by an appointment at the Wilmer Eye Institute starting July 2014.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1352 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJ. Fernando Arevalo
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.