All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes God answers prayers, and sometimes the devil does. 16-year-old best friends Mitch Simon and Jordy Hubbard are two of the smallest kids in their suburban high school. All they want to do is hang together, mind their own business and survive their junior year. But their size, their lowly status, and their rumored sexual orientation makes them the targets of The Syndicate, a group of rich, arrogant kids who take pleasure in relentlessly bullying, tormenting and humiliating them, directly and on the internet. Desperate and powerless, with one to turn to, Mitch and Jordy fervently pray to heaven for help during a very intense lightning storm. Amazingly, it soon arrives in the form of James Batt, a seemingly clueless kid who immediately becomes the primary focus of The Syndicate. But J.B. isn't exactly what he seems, and before long, the boys - and everyone else at school - are wondering: just who is this new kid, where is he from, and what's his agenda? Retribution High combines elements of Carrie, Dexter and the Friday the 13th movies with Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter and puts them into a contemporary high school, with some Tales From The Crypt sprinkled in as well. If you've ever been bullied and wished the worst on your tormentors, then this is the vel you've been waiting for. It's dark, it's twisted, it's violent and it's harsh. It's High School Horror. It's t politically correct. And it's t family entertainment. It's a tale in which the bad kids get what they really deserve. Retribution isn't always divine, but it can be immensely satisfying! Note: This is the Explicit Version (red) of Retribution High. It contains profanity, gay bashing and sexual situations. As a movie, it would be rated R or X. For those who prefer a less extreme experience, please select the Standard Version (green), which contains ne of the 68 words or expressions that can't be said on network television. There is reason to buy both versions because, other than the language and the controversial party sequence in Chapter 8, the scenes in both versions are the same. Award Winning Screenwriter Bob Gale is best kwn as the co-creator, co-writer and co-producer of Back to the Future and its sequels. He has written over 30 screenplays, and various comic books including issues of Batman, Spider-Man and Daredevil.
- Author BiographyBob Gale is an Academy Award-nominated Screenwriter-Producer-Director, best known as co-creator, co-writer and co-producer of Back to the Future and its sequels. Gale was born and raised in suburban St. Louis, Missouri, where he attended public high school; he then moved to Los Angeles to major in Cinema at the University of Southern California. He has written or co-written over 30 screenplays. His other film credits include 1941, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Used Cars, and Interstate 60, which he also directed. His darker side is clearly seen in the 1992 movie Trespass, which he co-authored, and in his episode of Tales From The Crypt, House of Horror, which he wrote and directed. Gale has also written comic books, most notably issues of Spider-Man, Batman and Daredevil, thus proving to his father that he did not waste hours and hours reading comics in his youth. He lives in Southern California with his wife and their dog, and he still roots for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Author(s)Bob Gale
- PublisherBig Wind Productions
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBig Wind Productions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Samo Gale
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.