All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionRett syndrome is a X-linked neurodevelopmental disorder that affects 1 in 10,000 females. It presents itself clinically with developmental regression at 6-18 months of age, with loss of acquired language and motor skills, leading to a complex lifelong syndrome characterised by intellectual disability; behavioural and neuropsychiatric disturbances; social withdrawal; hand stereotypies; epilepsy; automic dysfunction causing breathing irregularities and cardiac arrhythmias; muscle tone abrmalities leading to orthopaedic deformities such as scoliosis; and motor incoordination that causes gait disturbance and feeding difficulties which, along with a number of gastrointestinal problems, leads to growth failure and nutritional deficiencies. This book discusses symptoms, treatment and progsis of Rett Syndrome, as well as other related communication disorders.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight288 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDaniel L. Kolby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.