All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionJesse B. Simple, Simple to his fans, made weekly appearances beginning in 1943 in Langston Hughes's column in the Chicago Defender. This collection contains 62 of Hughes's magnificent Simple stories, many never before published in book form. A lively collection . . . funny-but-wise .--Robert O'Meally, New York Newsday.
- Author BiographyLangston Hughes (1902-67) was born in Joplin, Missouri, was educated at Lincoln University, and lived for most of his life in New York City. He is best known as a poet, but he also wrote novels, biography, history, plays, and children's books. Among his works are two volumes of memoirs, The Big Sea and I Wonder as I Wander, and two collections of Simple stories, The Best of Simple and The Return of Simple.
- Author(s)L. Hughes
- PublisherHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width141 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.