All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionRETURN OF THE THREE KINGS: RECLAIMING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS addresses the all-too-common reality of Christmas today: over-commercialization, rush, stress and let-down. Many have shared the typical experience of the Christmas morning melee of presents followed by too much eggg and turkey and the post-Christmas depressed stupor, kwing that we have to wait ather year for the full Christmas Spirit to arrive again. Finding something missing in the usual Christmas celebrations, Jo Lee Loveland Link and John W. Link looked to older traditions and less harried times for inspiration. The Links were delighted to rediscover Olde Christmas, the 12 Days that actually occur after Christmas Day, December 25 through January 6 - Epiphany, the Festival of the Three Kings. IN THIS BOOK the Links explore the complex historical, religious, and cultural traditions that were created and evolved out of the 12 Days of Christmas (without partridges, gold rings or milking maids). To this older tradition, the Links grafted new ideas to celebrate a renewed 12 Days of Christmas. The Links emphasize the universality of Festivals of Light across the World, across religions, and across centuries. Based on midwinter Solstice Festivals and sacred stories and teachings, Christmastime provides the ideal platform to reach out to embrace festivals and ceremonies with meaning for each family. The Links have included daily readings that reflect this diversity and have included three sections of readings: (1) readings and prayers from a wide range of traditional Christian Sources; (2) readings from World Religions and ecumenical sources including Judaism, Buddhism and Sufism; and (3) readings which are agstic or secular, but focused on Christmas themes. The Links sought to make sure that the 12 Days would be inclusive for all families with often different points of view and members in different faith journeys at different times in their lives. The book includes detailed how-to information, and strategies for celebration of the 12 Days for individuals, couples, families, and those with loved ones stationed elsewhere. The Celebration unites giving a simple gift, sharing a short reading, and heartfelt conversation about the real meaning of each day for givers and receivers. There is even a section on dealing with grief and sorrow during the holidays. The book has additional resources of holiday activities, stories, books, movies, most of which are available for free. RETURN OF THE THREE KINGS provides a fresh way to meet the challenges that we face as we navigate the emotional minefield of the holidays. This old tradition made new again becomes a guide to having more fun and yet getting a deeper sense of meaning and connection for ourselves, our families, and our communities. The Links began researching and experimenting with their 12 Days of Christmas Celebration over ten years ago. Professionally they are consultants, trainers and researchers in social science, and interpersonal and organizational dynamics for the government, Fortune 500's, start-ups, n-profits, and churches. They live in the mountains of Virginia with their two cats, and with the good company of visits from grandchildren, children, and friends.
- Author BiographyJo Lee Loveland Link and John W. Link are consultants, trainers and researchers in social science, and interpersonal and organizational dynamics for the government, Fortune 500's, start-ups, non-profits, and churches. Both have written extensively about how groups and organizations work effectively. Jo Lee is a master professional in Applied Behavior Science and Adult Education through an Episcopal Church-sponsored practitioner program. John has a M.S. from George Mason University program in Conflict Management, and B. A. in English from the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Jo Lee Loveland Link
- PublisherLoveland & Link Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoveland & Link Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.