All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionCulled from the author's journal during a six-month visit to Mykos in 1972, the first sequence of poems in this collection express enthusiasm and sheer delight with the Greek landscape and people, yet occasionally refer to the rule of the military junta at that time. The second set of verses, written more than 20 years later, marks Lourie's return to a liberated Greece and reflects more literary irony, refined appreciation for the island's inner life, and continuing admiration melded with a touch of mystic beauty. A multifaceted poetic tour of Greece and the Aegean islands, this gathering is completed by watercolor miniatures created by the author.
- Author BiographyIven Lourie is a writer, a poet, and the editor for Gateways Books and Artemis Books. He is a teacher at Sierra Community College and the editor of Cafe Writers Anthology 2010. His poetry and reviews have been included in numerous publications, including Miro's Dream, SHORTS, and Yuba Flows. He lives in Penn Valley, California.
- Author(s)Iven Lourie
- PublisherArtemis Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtemis Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.