All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionHeinrich Harrer returns to Tibet - thirty years after the visit described in his bestselling SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET. SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET told of an idyllic life on the 'rooftop of the world', before Harrer was forced to flee from the invading Chinese armies. Thirty years later, he returns to describe how the Chinese have attempted to destroy this ancient civilisation. Meeting old Tibetan acquaintances, including the Dalai Lama w living in exile in rthern India, Harrer examines the current thaw in Peking's relations with this isolated and mysterious country. In its vivid evocation of Tibet, past and present, Return to Tibet provides a fascinating insight into the durability of this profoundly spiritual culture.
- Author BiographyHeinrich Harrer was an Austrian mountaineer and author. He is best known for being on the four-man climbing team that made the first ascent of the North Face of the Eiger in Switzerland, and for his books, including SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET and THE WHITE SPIDER.
- Author(s)Heinrich Harrer
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication04/05/2000
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteBlack and White 2
- Weight195 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.